Want to know some Greek superstitions, customs and what brings good luck? Read on…
Superstition and Customs in Greece
- In Greece it is considered bad luck to do business on Tuesday 13th.
- People touch red when say something at the same time.
- People knock on wood or “move” from their place to avoid ginks.
- They threat of putting pepper in someone’s tongue when he or she is cursing.
- Greeks conceder black cats as bad luck.
- Projecting your hand with your fingers open is considered very rood.
- Looking away when talking to someone is considered very rood.
- Tips are not included in restaurant/bar bills.
- On New Years Eve people gamble for good luck.
- Never make a toast when drinking water or coffee.
- In Greece people twist a coin when being in a dilemma.
- Mothers throw baby teeth of their children on the roof, so that the new one grows strong.
- People in Greece celebrate both birth days and name days.