Investing in Ottoman Turkish furniture can bring a cultural edge to any space. Read our guide for more facts and information…
The Ottoman is a furniture piece which has Turkish origins. It is also known as tuffet, pouffe or hassock. It is a bench which comes with padded seating. Unlike other seating, the Ottoman does not have arms or a back and is positioned with gliders or armchairs to create an interesting contrast. They are used as a footstool, coffee table, stool and the hollow ones are used for storage.
They come in many different designs which can be picked based on which room you want to place them in. They fit perfectly for bedrooms, living rooms, guest rooms as well as gaming rooms. They are often used as alternatives to sofas.
The best thing about this Turkish furniture piece is that they can conveniently be placed in any room without causing space constraints or affecting the theme. They make for convenient seating particularly for smaller rooms and compact spaces.
Ottomans come in many different shapes, sizes, materials and colours. Pick one that matches your needs, colour scheming and conforms to space needs. You should also think about how you will place the ottoman which will maximise comfort and style.
Ottomans that are curved are best used for creating corner effects. You can use dark coloured fabric and place lighter coloured pillows around the Ottoman.
Those who want to use the ottomans as a chair should pick the square shaped ones. They are comfortable and are high enough to be placed next to other chairs.
- If you want to design a cosy corner for yourself for reading or simply relaxing then place the ottoman against the wall, with a small rug and add some pillows to create your space.
- The Ottoman is perfect for those on a budget particularly for college students as it provides seating appropriate for their limited space in dorm rooms.
- You can use an upholstered ottoman to add a personalized touch to your room to keep it comfy and creative. Set up a reading corner in front of the fireplace
- Place the ottoman in front of your fireplace to relax during those cold winter nights.
- Ottomans are great if you regularly have parties and guests over. Seat a large number of guests without using up too much space.
- Place a colorful ottoman in your child’s room without worrying about any sharp corners.
- Small, round ottomans also serve as comfortable footrests. Match them with your relaxing chair to complement each other.
- You can also use your ottoman as a coffee table.
- Do you need storage space? Some ottomans come with storage space which makes them convenient for walk in closets, laundry rooms and bathrooms. The storage ottomans come with lined insides.
The Turkish ottoman is perfect for any homes as it is inexpensive, stylish and extremely convenient. Bring one for your home today!